Haefele’s Acceptable Use Policy
Haefele Connect (also known as Haefele TV Inc) may modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time without notifying its users. For this reason, Haefele TV Inc. users should consult this page regularly to ensure that their actions are in compliance with the most recent version of the Acceptable Use Policy. In the event of any conflict between this Acceptable Use Policy and the Haefele TV Inc Terms and Conditions of Use, this Acceptable Use Policy will govern.
You agree that, if any portion of this Policy is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.
Haefele TV Inc provides a variety of Internet Services (the Services) to residences and businesses (the Customer).
1.1 This Acceptable Use Policy is designed to foster an online environment of mutual respect in which everyone is able to enjoy the benefits of Haefele TV
1.2 Haefele TV Inc users are responsible for ensuring that their accounts are used in accordance with this Acceptable Use Policy. If Haefele TV Inc has reason to suspect that a user, or anyone using a user’s account, is violating this Policy, then the account in question may be suspended pending an investigation. If, after an investigation, Haefele TV Inc determines that an account has been used in violation of this Policy, Haefele TV Inc may, in its discretion, terminate the user account.
If you do not agree to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy please notify Haefele TV Inc Customer Service immediately at email@example.com
1.3 Haefele TV Inc does not actively monitor its user’s use of its services. We rely on our users to govern themselves and to protect the integrity of the network by reporting any violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org
1.4 Haefele TV Inc has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate any violation or alleged violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, including the right to examine any information or material on Haefele TV Inc’s servers.
1.5 Haefele TV Inc has the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of any part of this Acceptable Use Policy.
1.6 Haefele TV Inc has the right, but not the obligation, to take any steps it deems necessary to prevent violations of this Acceptable Use Policy from occurring.
1.7 The failure of Haefele TV Inc to enforce this Policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time.
2.0 Illegal Activities
Haefele TV Inc users must not use Haefele TV Inc to encourage, facilitate or engage in any illegal activities, including, without limitation:
- defamation: posting or transmitting any material which is defamatory under any applicable law;
- fraud: posting or transmitting any information that you know or ought to know is false, and that you intend others to rely on;
- unlawful material: posting or disseminating unlawful material
- false advertising: posting or transmitting any advertising or promotional materials that contain false, deceptive or misleading statements, claims or representations;
- copyright violation: posting or transmitting any information, software, photograph, video, graphic, music, sound and other material in violation of another person’s copyright; and
- trade-mark violation: posting, transmitting, displaying or using any words or symbols that violate any other person’s rights in its trademark or trade-name.
3.0 Electronic Mail
3.1 Haefele TV Inc users must not use Haefele TV Inc e-mail to:
- send any unsolicited bulk e-mail (so-called “Spam”);
- send, or cause to be sent, large volumes of unsolicited e-mail to a single or multiple people or entities (so-called “E-Mail Bombing”);
- repeatedly send an e-mail to any person or entity who does not wish to receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving e-mail from a Haefele TV Inc user, then that Haefele TV Inc user must not send that person further e-mail; and
- subscribe to an e-mail list or service on behalf of a third party without that third party’s consent.
3.2 Haefele TV Inc users must not engage in any of the activities described in paragraph 3.1 from another provider’s e-mail service and use a Haefele TV Inc account as an e-mail return address or “drop” for responses.
3.3 Haefele TV Inc users must not forge, alter or remove any e-mail header.
Any e-mail address at the htva.net domain is the property of Haefele TV Inc and may be terminated or re-assigned without notice.
4.0 Security, Privacy and “Hacking”
The Customer is responsible for any misuse of the Services that originate from their account, even activities committed by any friend, family, co-worker, employee, guest or anyone with access to the account. Customers must ensure that others not gain unauthorized access to the Services.
4.1 Haefele TV Inc users must not:
- disrupt or interfere with the normal operation of Haefele TV Inc systems, networks, or activities in any way that adversely affects the ability of other people, or systems to use Haefele TV Inc services or the Internet, including, but not limited to:
- denial of service attacks;
- flooding of networks;
- attempts to overload a service; and
- attempts to cause system crashes,
- or attempt to do so; or
- use any unauthorized program to connect the user to any Haefele TV Inc Internet Relay Chat (“IRC”) server, including, but not limited to, IRC bots or
- gain access or attempt to gain access to the private systems or data of Haefele TV Inc, without the prior consent of Haefele TV Inc.
4.2 Haefele TV Inc users must not use their Haefele TV Inc accounts to:
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent security or authentication systems on any host, network hardware, or user accounts, including, but not limited to, logging into any server, account or network without authorization and electronically probing the security of any system or network; or
- disrupt or interfere with the normal operation of any system or network operated by any third party, or attempt to do so.
- gain access or attempt to gain access to the private systems or data of Haefele TV Inc, or any third party without the prior consent of Haefele TV Inc or the third party.
5.0 Usenet Newsgroups
5.1 Haefele TV Inc users must not:
- post a single article or substantially similar articles to an excessive number of newsgroups, or cross-post to an excessive number of newsgroups;
- post articles on a newsgroup which are off-topic according to the newsgroup charter;
- post binary or encoded binary files to newsgroups not specifically designated for that purpose;
- post commercial messages on a non-commercial Haefele TV Inc newsgroup without prior approval from Haefele TV Inc;
- engage in any of (a), (b), (c) or (d) from a provider other than Haefele TV Inc and use an account on Haefele TV Inc as an e-mail return address or “drop” for responses, or
- engage in any of (a), (b), (c) or (d) from a provider other than Haefele TV Inc for the purpose of drawing attention to a service hosted by or on Haefele TV Inc’s network.
Haefele TV Inc reserves the right to discontinue access to any Usenet newsgroup at any time and for any reason.
6.0 Censorship and Adult Materials
Haefele TV Inc believes in freedom of expression and the right of individuals to decide for themselves what they want to see and listen to. We do not believe it is the place of an ISP to censor or regulate the Internet. However, users must not use Haefele TV Inc to transmit or post any information or image that is criminally obscene or otherwise prohibited under any applicable law.
Haefele TV Inc assumes NO responsibility for Internet content available through the Services. Customers are responsible for restricting access to sexually explicit material on the Internet, by purchasing the appropriate filtering software, or by monitoring Internet use. Content questions or complaints should be addressed to the content provider.
7.1 False Pretenses. Users must not use Haefele TV Inc to impersonate any person or use a fictitious username with any of Haefele TV Inc’s services, including in any e-mail, Usenet posting, or Internet Relay Chat (“IRC”) site. This restriction does not preclude the use of nicknames in IRC, the use of anonymous remailer services, or postings to any site that permits pseudonyms.
7.2 Unsolicited Advertising. Users must not use Haefele TV Inc to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation to any person except in those areas and on those websites that are designated for such a purpose.
7.3 Harassment, Threats, and Abuse. Users must not use Haefele TV Inc to harass, threaten, or abuse any person or group of people by any means.
7.4 Crude or Offensive Postings. Users must not use Haefele TV Inc to post offensive or crude messages or images on publicly accessible pages or sites, except where such messages or images are appropriate having regard to the nature of the site. Haefele TV Inc has the right, but not the obligation, to remove messages or images that Haefele TV Inc, in its sole discretion, determines are offensive.
7.5 Multiple access. Users must not maintain more than one simultaneous connection to Haefele TV Inc or any Haefele TV Inc service, IRC Chat group, or newsgroup.
7.6 Disruptive Conduct. Users must not use Haefele TV Inc to disrupt the normal flow of online dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users, individuals or entities.
8.0 Bandwidth/Network Traffic and Other Limitations
8.1 You must comply with the current bandwidth/network traffic, data storage and other limitations on the Services.
Users must ensure that their activity does not improperly restrict, inhibit or degrade any other customer’s use of the Services, nor represent (in the sole judgment of Haefele TV Inc) an unusually large burden on the network itself.
The guidelines for Bandwidth/Network Traffic Usage/month for each service package are the following:
- Century Service (100Mbps) – Unlimited
- UltraRocket (70Mbps) – Unlimited
- SuperRocket + (50Mbps) – Unlimited
- SuperRocket (35Mbps) – Unlimited
- CableRocket (25Mbps) – 500 Gigabyte limit
- MiniRocket (3Mbps) – 50 Gigabyte limit
Users exceeding the Bandwidth/Network Traffic amounts specified for their Service Package may be charged $0.25 for each Gigabyte used in excess of their specified amount. Additional 100GB modules of network traffic may be purchased for $10/mo. These modules may be applied to the customer’s current month so long as they are purchased in advance of the months end billing. Customers may also unsubscribe from their additional bandwidth module(s) mid-month, but changes will be retroactively applied to that month and any overage fee(s) will still apply.